Filing for bankruptcy in Arkansas can be simple in the right hands.

That’s why when you meet with one of our lawyers, we ask you to bring certain documents and information for us.  With the right information, we can get to the heart of your problem quickly and effectively, giving you the help you need.

When you come for your consultation, you’ll need to bring:

  • We must review proof of your last 6 months income.
    • If you receive pay stubs (both you and your spouse)
      • Bring copies of pay stubs for the 6 months prior to your conference.
      • We must have the last 60 days pay stubs in the file, if getting all of them is impossible, ask your payroll office to give you something that shows what your gross income, deductions, and net income has been for the last 6 months.
    • If you are self employed
      • Bring copies of all bank statements that will show what deposits you have made.
      • Bring proof of all business expenses, taxes, etc. that have been paid out of those funds during the last 6 months.
  • List of Creditors
    • We need copies of all bills you may have received during the last 2 months, if possible.
    • We also need to know the following information about every creditor you may have.
      • Name
      • Correspondence Address
      • Account Number
      • Amount Owed
  • Proof of the filing of your last 4 years Income Tax Returns (2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 tax years).  You have 3 options to obtain your transcripts: Totals of your 2010, 2011 income and 2012 year to date income for you and your spouse separately (if married).
    • Order them for free by following the step below:
      • These must be ordered as soon as possible, but are not required for initial consultation.
      • To order them, please call 1-800-829-1040 and follow the instructions to obtain the tax return transcript. (The number inputs are: 2; 2; enter your Social Security Number (SSN); 1 (if you typed your SSN in correctly); 4 (if you filed joint, put in your spouse’s social security number); verify address (put numbers in street address); 4 (to receive transcript of account in 10 to 15 days); Year; 1 (if year is correct); 1 (if what you requested is correct); 2 (same type for another year)).
    • Go to the second floor of the Federal Building located at 615 S. Main St., Room 314, Jonesboro, AR 72401.
    • Pay us $35 for all 4 years for a single filing or $70 for all 4 years for a joint filing.
  • You can get one FREE annual credit report from all three credit reporting agencies (Experian, Equifax, and Transunon) by going to or by calling 877-322-8228.
  • Driver’s License and Social Security Card
  • If we need any further information, we will let you know.

Contact us online or call 870-972-1150 to start the process.  Set up a free, no-obligation consultation appointment with an experienced Arkansas bankruptcy lawyer.